For more information, contact:
Karen Utecht, Director of Racing
The American Paint Horse Association would like to announce the qualifiers for the inaugural Masterpiece Racing Challenge race, which takes place November 3 at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Running for a share of the $27,330 purse, the enrolled qualifying horses are:
- BP Cartels Paint SI 97, $96,667, 16(8)-5(2)-3(1)-1(0)—Owner Marion Hoskin, Trainer Eddie L. Willis
- CRM Livewire SI 103, $58,790, 16(7)-5(1)-4(3)-2(1), 2011 Champion—Owner Dan Jones, Trainer Matt Whitekiller
- Dosofme SI 90, $16,672, 8(2)0-4(1)-1(0)—Owner/Trainer Calvin Ghost Bear
- Ivory Queen, ApHC SI 94, $46,851, 16(1)-2-6(1)-1—Owner Gary Vaughn, Trainer Stacey Charette-Hill
- Rawhide Legend SI 94, $22,909, 10(5)-2-2-1(1)—Owner Larry Sherwood, Trainer Larry Sherwood
- Spotless Redneck SI 96, $66,432, 18(7)-4-3(2)-1(1)—Owner Marion Hoskin, Trainer Eddie L. Willis
- SW Eye Candy SI 96, $73,668, 15(7)-3(1)-1-3(3)—Owners Dee Keener and Steve Wright, Trainer Dee Keener
The Masterpiece Racing Challenge program provides added incentives for owners of 3-year-old racing Paints and Appaloosas and features nine qualifying races held in various states. The Masterpiece-enrolled winners or highest-enrolled finisher of those races plus the at-large qualifiers (as selected by the APHA Racing Committee) are invited to compete in the APHA Masterpiece Challenge Race held at Lone Star Park.
More about Paint Horse racing
Horse racing has long been one of America’s favorite spectator sports and Paints have become one of the hottest tickets in the horse racing industry.
Since 1966, when APHA officially recognized the sport, Paint racing has made major strides forward. In that inaugural year, 17 starters ran for $1,290 in just two states—Texas and Oklahoma. In 2011, more than 450 starters competed in 369 APHA-recognized races for record purses totaling more than $3.8 million.
A total of 16 states now feature Paint racing, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Paint Horses also race in Canada.
For more information on Paint Horse racing, contact APHA’s racing department at (817) 222-6444, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit racing.apha.com.